Places still available until we find suitable candidates.
Biodiversa is offering 26 places for people coming from 11 different countries to participate in our forthcoming training course: “Live Sustainably: how to live the present without compromising the future”, in the beautiful valley of Valdediós (“valley of Gods”), in the region of Asturias, north Cantabric coast of Spain, from 2nd to 8th September 2019.
Every day we make decisions about how we live our present, which affect directly or indirectly the health of the planet, of other living beings and of ourselves, and which are compromising the capacity of future generations to satisfy their own basic needs.
With “Live Sustainably: how to live the present without compromising the future” we aim at raising awareness of the importance of caring for our environment and most of all to develop competencies needed to live a sustainable life and to inspire and motivate others.
The objectives of this training are as follows:
– To provide the participating youth workers with competences to live a life which is more respectful with the planetary boundaries (more sustainable) and to promote and facilitate effectively a change of habits towards sustainability among the young people they work with;
– To encourage critical thinking to learn to unmask frequent phenomena such as “greenwashing” (or fake sustainability), fake perceptions of certain commodities as “cheap”, etc;
– To share resources and tools to inform and raise awareness on young people about the importance of caring for the environment, inspire and motivate them to modify their lifestyle towards more sustainable ones;
– To create an international network of youth workers interested in promoting sustainability among the youth they work with.
With this project we want to contribute to more young people knowing, practising and promoting environmental sustainability, and this way improve the capacity of our planet to satisfy the needs of the future generations.
Conditions for participation:
Please only apply if you fulfil the following conditions:
- You are a youth worker and/or youth leader, youth trainer or facilitator, interested in promoting and facilitating environmental sustainability practices among young people,
- Over 18 years old at the time of the training course,
- Travelling from and currently living in any of the 11 partner countries: Armenia, Croatia, Portugal, Italy, Hungary, Greece, UK, Germany, Czech Republic, The Netherlands or Spain,
- Speak English fluently,
- Willing to be fully present and participative during the whole duration of the training course (2-8 September);
- Happy to spend a week immersed in nature.
- Comfortable accommodation in a big traditional rural house and tasty sustainable meals will be provided during the training course by the organizers at no cost for you;
- Your travel costs will be refunded after your participation in the training course (provided all the original tickets and receipts are presented) up to a maximum of 820 EUR for Armenia, 360 EUR for Greece, 275 EUR for Croatia, Portugal, Italy, Hungary, UK, Germany, Czech Republic and The Netherlands, and 180 EUR for Spain (only if you travel from more than 100 km away);
- Participation fee: In order to make this training possible to the desired quality standard that we usually deliver, we do need some extra income aside from the European grant that we got. We have set a participation fee on a sliding scale from 50 to 150€. You will be free to choose your contribution according to your own personal financial possibilities and the value you see in this 6 days training programme;
- CO2 offset fee: Please note that you will be required to offset the CO2 emissions produced by your air travel through the following site: http://www.atmosfair.de/en/. This amounts to 15 EUR per person for the round trip (we have calculated the total emissions of your flights in 22 tons of CO2 and shared the compensation costs among all of you).
You can have a look at the preliminary programme of the course:
How to apply:
Fill in the application form.
Applications will be reviewed daily, and places allocated immediately if the application is considered good enough. For this reason, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. All applicants will be informed of the results of the selection process in due time.
This training opportunity is open to everyone, but we will give preference to existing members of Biodiversa and the other partner organisations, provided that they fulfil the above-mentioned “conditions for participation”.
Our partner organisations in this project are: Associação Animam Viventem and Associação Spin (Portugal), Argonauta (Croatia), Amici della Natura (Italy), Naturfreundejugend Deutschlands (Germany), Youth Exchange Service (The Netherlands), Gyermek (Hungary), Cia Cekija (Czech Republic), Natura Humana (Greece), Viaje a la Sostenibilidad (Spain), Coyote Initiatives (UK), Colors of Green (Armenia).