GIYW stands for Greening International Youth Work.
With this long-term project, Biodiversa and its partner organizations want to contribute to making international youth work more respectful of the limits of our planet.
The project’s main activities are:
- Kick-off meeting (Germany, July 2022)
- Youth exchange for mangrove forest regeneration
(Senegal, Sept 2022)
- Mid-term meeting (Italy, April 2022)
- Youth exchange on climate action and social media
(Italy, May 2023)
- Training for trainers on greening youth mobilities
(Spain, Oct 2023)
- Final evaluation meeting (Czech Republic, Dec 2023)
The outcomes of the project will be:
- Handbook on Greening International Youthwork;
- Training for trainers curriculum in greening youth mobilities;
- Mobile app for calculation and guidance on how to reduce the CO2 emissions originated by international youth mobilities;
- Media products to encourage CO2 reduction of international mobilities;
- Guidelines for forest regeneration in international mobilities.
Our project partners are:
Association Sénégalaise des Amis de la Nature
International Young Naturefriends
Gruppo Italiano Amici della Natura (G.I.A.N.)
The project runs from May 2022 till May 2024.