Youth Exchange «Art for the Environment»
When: 9-15 November 2015
Where: Kapraluv Mlyn, Ochoz u Brna, Czech Republic
The Youth Exchange:
This Youth Exchange is about using art and creative ideas for environmental projects. It will bring young people together to learn from each other by exchanging skills, knowledge and experiences in a non-formal setting. During the youth exchange the participants will be responsible for facilitating workshops and supporting each other. Although they will share enthusiasm for sustainable lifestyles and protecting the planet, their views may be challenged in an intercultural setting where they learn new things.
Aims and objectives:
The aim of the youth exchange is to provide a space for participants to share and develop their creative skills in order to create environmental projects to support their organisations and communities.
– Develop participants’ creative and communication skills to support their personal and professional development;
– Provide a space for intercultural exchange by sharing arts and music from different cultures;
– Explore creative ways to raise awareness and understanding of environmental issues in local communities around Europe;
– Connect participants to their local communities and to each other.
Financial conditions and travel costs:
The Youth Exchange will be implemented in the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission. The accommodation, food, visa fees and materials will be covered fully by the grant. Insurance is obligatory and should be arranged and covered by each participant (the European Heatlh Insurance Card from the Spanish Social Security is sufficient to this effect).
According to rules of the Erasmus+ Programme, the travel expenses will be covered up to 170 EUR per person. Travel costs will be reimbursed to all participants after submitting necessary travel documents (original tickets/invoices + boarding passes) and after filling in the form in the Mobility tool.
You will be required to contribute to Biodiversa with 20 EUR towards the participant’s management costs.
How to apply:
Biodiversa is selecting 4 participants from Spain, who are expected to:
– Live in Spain,
– Be between 18 and 30 years old,
– Be active in environmental protection (as volunteers or professionals),
– Have creative skills to share (as artists or amateurs),
– Be interested in intercultural exchanges,
– Would like to organise an activity connected with art and the environment.
– As the common language in the youth exchange will be English, participants should be able to communicate fluently in this language.
To apply for participation complete this form and send it by email to Teresa Llopis, the group leader (firstname.lastname@example.org), putting Biodiversa in copy (email@example.com) before 1st October stating “(Your name and surname) – Application for Art for the Environment” in the subject line.