Judging for the incredible number and quality of results and impact that our latest training course “Live Sustainably: How to live the present without compromising the future” had and is still having, I think we can safely say that it was our most sucessful training to date.
This was largely due to the work and commitment of us involved in the design and preparation of the experience, and in the skillfull conceptualisation and delivery of the educational programme, but also largely due to the fantastic participants that we had, which took the “Live Sustainably” experience to the next level, both professionally and personally.
Here’s a quick review of what happened after the training:
– Lovro, from Croatia, submitted his first Erasmus + project, which was approved in the 3rd round of this year: a youth exchange on plastic awareness for 36 young people, called “Say No to plastic”. 3 of the partners on this project were also our partners in “Live Sustainably”.
– Lilla, from Hungary organised and lead one educational hike per month since the end of the training (September, October, November). Where: in Budapest and surroundings. Target group: Erasmus students. During the walks they collected rubbish and Lilla conducted several activities that she learned during our training.
– Rocío, from Spain, made this cool video of the training: https://youtu.be/SbYnqZI1YoQ
– 4 participants published posts on their blogs with very positive reviews of the training:
Filipa, from Portugal: https://www.vidaeconsciente.com/l/live-sustainably/
Lovro, from Croatia: https://bit.ly/2PyAPWt
Yolanta, from Poland/Spain: http://europaaqui.org/una-semana-para-empezar-a-cambiar-el-mundo/
Holly, from the UK: https://bit.ly/2tkgj2X
– We created the Youthworkers for Sustainability Network and, within it, to keep learning from each other, a series of webinars that everyone is contributing to and Filipa is managing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tVHE_dSR7AIzsZ_JMXS0Cs2nQS2SNjzgNYro6RcKgCo/edit?usp=sharing
– Filipa, from Portugal, became a Circular Economy Club Organiser and, in this framework, organised 1 workshop and 3 lectures on sustainability: https://www.circulareconomyclub.com/members/filipa_gouveia/events/?ayi_paged=1
She also organised and run the project “Eco School”. It happened on 20th November in a school in the city of Peso da régua, Portugal, for students from 14 to 16 years old. It comprised several activities: a bulk store owner shared an “eco talk” debate with the students. They discussed some documentaries (Earth, Baraka, Roten, Cowspiracy, Minimalism, The true cost) and then they (Filipa and the store owner) gave a workshop, to teach students and teachers to make their own natural cleaning products. Some teacher also run some activities.
Filipa running the workshop
Public attending the workshop
And on 2nd December she organised an “eco-talk” with Esther Vallado, the educational programme designer and lead trainer of “Live Sustainably”: https://youtu.be/jILSfcPj_dY, where they re-visit one of the most valued inputs during the training: the systems thinking iceberg.
– Jolanta, from Poland/Spain organised a weekend training for environmental mediators, from 30th November till 1st December, for participants between 16 and 24 years old.
– Estelle, from France, proposed to the cultural centre of the town where she lives the screening of one of the documentaries that we watched during the training.
– And the portuguese team is organising the 1st Gathering for Sustainability (1º Encontro pela Sustentabilidade). It will be an open space technology event (methodology that they learnt during the training) with the main objective of creating a Portuguese network of people and groups linked to sustainability through sharing and debate, creating collective intelligence, which will also include cleaning a forest plot and planting trees in an area devastated by Hurricane Leslie. The project has received the support of the city council of the city where Bruno, one of the participants, lives.
Very proud of our participants and of the success of this course!!