The second edition of “Live Sustainably” took place in Máriahalom, Hungary, from 9th to 17th August 2022.
The training course lasted 8 intense days in which 23 participants from 10 different countries discovered, explored and discussed ways to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
We deep-dived into topics and concepts such as the three divides, the transformative learning model, critical thinking, systems thinking, eco-anxiety, eco-competences, greenwashing…
We experienced forest bathing, becoming animal, deep listening, speaking from the heart, intention-setting, connecting with nature…
We used Deep Ecology, the Work that Reconnects, the Way of Council, the learning tribes, journalling… as ways to guide and aid our shared learning experience.
We asked participants to give a score out of 10 to different aspects of the training, and these are the average scores that we got:
How useful was this training course for you?: 8,7
How much were the objectives of this course achieved?
- To provide participants with the possibility to understand more the current environmental situation locally and globally. 7,3
- To improve competences (knowledge, attitudes and abilities) to be able to choose a more respectful life with the planetary boundaries and to facilitate effectively a change of habits towards sustainability among the young people you work with. 8,6
- To equip educators/youth workers with methods and practices to be able to facilitate group processes with young people on sustainability-related issues. 8,6
- To encourage critical thinking to learn to unmask frequent phenomena such as “greenwashing” (fake sustainability). 9
- To share resources and tools to inform and raise awareness of young people about the importance of caring for the environment, inspire and motivate them to modify their lifestyles towards more sustainable ones. 9,1
- To join an international group of youth workers interested in promoting sustainability among the youth they work with. 9,4
How did the methods and tools that we used on this training course support your learning process? 8,5
How satisfied are you with the work of the trainers? 9,2
We, the trainers team, are humbled and overjoyed by the fantastic evaluation results that we’ve got!!
We thank the participants for their trust and involvement and we already look forward to a third edition of “Live Sustainably”!.